what a day @ NIT!!

today was a Sunday morning. So I took it as a normal day. But things built rapidly and what a game of cricket we had on the ground in front of the MP hall. We won it by 2 wickets from the seniors. Thanks to our batsman TEJA ... who knocked the opposition bowling attack all alone and in between the shattering of wickets. He pivoted his wicket and not only did he remain  not out but he smashed 7 sixes. And I am not at all getting bored of appraising him, instead, I'm enjoying it as we all had such excitement while watching him batting in the middle. He knocked 3 boundaries in a row which consisted of 2 sixes and 1 four. It was a hat-trick .

Initially I got to open the innings at the strikers end. I stole  a single and when I got the next strike I was pampered by my team mates from the back to get another single when I got a dot ball. That made me anxious and I wanted to get a run at any cost. So I threw my bat on the ball in no-direction and ultimately the ball crossed the fence , not for a boundary or a six, but to let me OUT! as hitting directly out of the fence in the off side was considered as out. I felt very vvery very bad. But I couldn't help it and I had to return to the pavillion.  Then the next batsman came then the third and so on. But no one was able to time the ball as was required. Everyone got out after scoring a 1 or 2.

Then finally the match winner came when we were on a score of 30/8 in 6 overs(12 over match and the target was a 77). Every one had anticipated that now we are bound to lose the match but not TEJA-BHAi... ;) ... he just came muscling down the ground and smashed every next ball over and onto the boundary wall, smashing the MP hall's bricks. The senior fielders were a mere spectator. And we were filled with joy with his every shot that was dismantling the bowling attack. Whenever he smashed the ball for a boundary we said, "ONCE MORE!! -ONCE MORE" .... and he apologized politely.

Finally we were on the score of 65 and 12 more were needed. He came dancing down the pitch and whacked the ball for a massive six. We were thrilled with joy due to the fact that only 6 more was needed. And he made no mistake in sending the very next ball over the fence to bring us home with a greatly desperate win !!!

Hurray !!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Patterns

B.Tech junior Asim's Post from : GROUNDED : Coz I was Meant to Fail